Viu Manent Gran Reserva Carménère 2018

$19.99

Only 2 left!

Alcohol: 14%

Grape(s): 97% Carménère, 2% Syrah, 1% Tannat

Localization: Colchagua Valley, Chile

Tasting Notes: A deep violet red color, on the nose this wine offers outstanding berry aromas along with subtle notes of sweet herbs and blond tobacco. The palate features good volume and structure combined with well-proportioned tannins, and acidity that gives way to an enjoyable, balanced finish.

Notes: The grapes were destemmed and crushed into a tank, where they underwent alcoholic fermentation at 24–26ºC, with careful handling to prevent over-extraction and obtain a more elegant, friendly, and balanced wine. Malolactic fermentation occurred naturally and was completed in French oak barrels, where most of the wine was aged, then all of the wine was lightly filtered and bottled.

Oak: 88% of the wine was aged for 10 months in used French oak barrels, while the remaining 12% was aged in concrete eggs for a fresher, fruitier final blend.

The Domain: Founded in 1935, the winery’s long history has been guided by the family’s love of the trade and its unending commitment to excellence and the quality of their wines.

Viu Manent is a Chilean winery owned by the Viu family. It was founded in 1935 when the Catalonian immigrant Miguel Viu-García and his two sons Agustín and Miguel Viu-Manent founded Bodegas Viu in Santiago de Chile. They bottled and sold wine on the local market under the “Vinos Viu” brand.

Viu Manent wines are made with grapes from their own properties in the *Colchagua Valley in Chile’s Central Zone, 130 km (80 mi) southeast of the capital, Santiago. The winery’s 254 hectares (627 acres) are divided among vineyards in San Carlos, La Capilla, and El Olivar.