Red Misket Why Not White 2022

$24.99

Only 8 left!

Alcohol: 12%

Grape(s): 100% Red Misket, an indigenous Bulgarian white grape variety.

Localization: Thracian Valley, Bulgaria

Tasting Notes: Bright yellow colour with green hues. Intense floral aromas on the nose are complemented by grapefruit and citrus notes. Elegant and moreish on the palate, light to medium bodied with pronounced white floral character and lingering finish.

Notes: Hand picking of the grapes, followed by desteming, crushing and pressing. Settling of the juice followed by spontaneous alcoholic fermentation of 40% of the volume. For the rest 60% 1/3 of the fermentation is spontaneous than it is inoculated with yeasts. 4 months on lees with very frequent stirring.

Food pairing: This single-varietal wine is ideal for surprising people at the table. The Georgiev/Milkov Red Misket Why Not? is also open to connoisseurs of Bulgarian wines. new facets, which also makes it a sought-after gift. As a dining companion at birthdays, summer parties and after work, the Why Not? Very good with grilled sea bream, garlic prawns and crisp salad with mango strips.

The Domain: Georgiev / Milkov started in 2014, which is the first harvest of both wines. Our idea is to emphasize the Bulgarian, as in this case, the Plovdiv region, where all three vineyards are from.

Radostin Milkov and I are graduated oenologists and longtime friends. We have vinified in different places around the world: Austria, Malta, USA, New Zealand, China and last but not least Bulgaria.

We believe in the potential of the local Bulgarian varieties and that is why our joint project started with two of them Mavrud and Rubin, from 2019 we add Cherven / Karlovski / Misket.

The grapes come from the region of the village of Brestovitsa, Plovdiv region, and the vineyards are about 40 years old. The grapes are picked by hand in boxes of 10 kg.

Spontaneous fermentation follows with the addition of selected yeast after the formation of 2-4% alc. degrees. 40% of the wine is aged in 225 l. Bulgarian oak barrels.