Jeb Dunnuck, 93 Points- The 2017 Châteauneuf Du Pape checks in as 70% Grenache, 20% Syrah and the rest Mourvèdre that was brought up in 80% old barrels and 20% in new French oak. It's not far off the Côte Ronde cuvée and has a powerful, modern bouquet of black raspberries, chocolate, toasted spice, and graphite. Surprisingly elegant and seamless on the palate, with good freshness and elegance, it has fine tannins, medium to full body, beautifully polished tannins, and a great finish. The oak adverse need not apply, but it's a brilliant traditional cuvée that has a modern character yet never loses its Southern Rhône soul.
Winemaker's Notes- It is a balanced, elegant, deeply colored and vividly flavored Châteauneuf-du-Pape, due to the old vines’ naturally low yields. It brims with fresh and pure dark berry fruit and notes of black pepper and chocolate.
Discounts are taken automatically at checkout.
Wine: Buy 6 regularly priced wines get 5% off, buy 12 get 10% off.
Email sales do not qualify for additional discounts. Email sale wines do not combine unless specified.