Château du Grand Bos is located in Castres, in a part of the Graves appellation where one finds some of the oldest Bordeaux vineyards dating from 2,000 years ago. The vineyard lies near the old Roman road named “Chemin Gallien”. The Château is listed as a leading estate in its commune in editions of Cocks & Feret going back to 1868. The vineyard, whose soil is composed of very deep gravel, ceased being cultivated in the 1950’s and when M. Vincent bought the property in 1988 it was in poor condition. M.Vincent had sold his property in Saint Estephe, Chateau La Haye, with the idea of retiring but instead immediately set out to replant and restore the vineyard as well as the Château. The winery was further renovated in 2005 when the underground cellar where wells had been dug in the 17th century, was refashioned into a pristine barrel room with lots of natural humidity.
3½ hectares are planted to white grapes in the proportions: 60% Semillon, 30% Sauvignon Blanc and 10% Muscadelle, which serve up elegant aromas and flavors of peach, apricot, green citrus, and very light hints of herb. The aromas and flavors are deep and persistent, but not showy or flashy. The white wine is fermented in barrel (50% new wood) and remains on its lees with frequent stirring for eight months.